auburn coaches did not like each other last year

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

auburn coaches did not like each other last year

Postby aubert » August 25th, 2016, 12:09 pm

Pat Dye: Auburn coaches didn’t like each other in 2015
Auburn Authority
Matthew Stevens, Montgomery Advertiser 5:41 p.m. CDT August 24, 2016

Former Auburn coach Pat Dye agrees with every staff move current Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has made. Dye said on ESPN 106.7 in Auburn that a factor was the 2015 staff didn't like each other. (Photo: Mickey Welsh/Advertiser)

AUBURN – Pat Dye says he’s on board with every staff adjustment Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn has made this past offseason.

Dye, who served as Auburn’s head football coach (1981-1992) and athletic director (1981-1991) for over a decade, said in a radio interview Wednesday morning on ESPN 106.7 in Auburn that one of the major reasons for optimism is the attitude of the current Tigers staff.

“I think Coach Malzahn has done a great job in every change he made on the staff has been positive,” Dye said. “Every change. Without exception. I don’t care what it is. It’s been a positive.”

Dye specifically referenced an ongoing rift inside the Auburn coaching staff last year led to its disappointing 7-6 season after opening the campaign with a preseason No. 6 ranking in the Associated Press poll.

“The coaches like each other and that wasn’t the case last year,” Dye said. “When the coaches don’t like each other the players are confused and who are you going to listen to? I mean, who has the influence?”

Auburn went through five staff changes this offseason that included LSU defensive coordinator Kevin Steele replacing Will Muschamp after he took the South Carolina head coaching position, Penn State offensive line coach Herb Hand replacing J.B. Grimes after he left for Cincinnati, Kodi Burns replacing Dameyune Craig after he left for the same position at LSU, linebackers coach Travis Williams replacing Lance Thompson and New Orleans Saints defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff replacing Travaris Robinson. Robinson and Thompson left for Muschamp’s staff at South Carolina.

“I’m very excited about our offensive staff,” Malzahn said at Southeastern Conference media days on July 11. “All of them have played for me in this offense or coached for me in the extended period of time. Our defense, Kevin Steele has done a great job with our staff, doing a great job gelling our staff together. Our philosophies are exactly the same. I think that’s very important.”
Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn talks to Auburn defensive

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn talks to Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp during the NCAA football game between Auburn and Mississippi State on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala. Mississippi State Bulldogs defeated Auburn 17-9. Albert Cesare / Advertiser (Photo: .)

After he left for LSU, Craig said he believed the situation at LSU included a better head coach and athletic director than his previous job at his alma mater.

“I think it starts with the leadership,” Craig said. “It starts at the top of the food chain. That’s with the head coach and the athletic director. They are doing an outstanding job of leading this program and giving the student-athletes what they need to be successful. That is attractive to anybody in the country. That’s where it starts.”

Dye specifically cited on Wednesday morning that Burns and Williams were having the biggest impact among the newcomers of the current Auburn staff.

“Ain’t nothing like that youth and enthusiasm and being hungry so I think they’ve had influence,” Dye said.

Dye, who has attended Auburn’s spring and preseason practices, referenced the issue at quarterback in 2015 led to the disappointing 2-6 record in the SEC. The College Football Hall of Fame inductee, who is third all-time in wins at Auburn, said he believes Malzahn will make “the safest choice” when deciding between Sean White, Jeremy Johnson and John Franklin III this preseason.
:shocker :shocker :shocker :facepalm
aubert

Re: auburn coaches did not like each other last year

Postby JdPat04 » August 26th, 2016, 1:19 am

White is your QB correct
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Return to College Football